Among the key challenges any business faces is how to market to potential customers effectively and retain existing customers. The ease of starting a business creates a much broader level of competition, making it more difficult for businesses of all sizes to retain customers who can change their suppliers with the click of a button. The bottom line of any business is to make money and marketing is an essential channel to reach that end goal.
Knowing how to communicate with potential and existing clients is a necessity in order to best sell to them. A good marketing message grabs your prospect’s attention, tells them how you can solve their problem, why they should trust you, and why they should choose to do business with you over and above any and all other choices they might have. Therefore a business should choose a convenient channel to connect them with their target market.
SMS marketing or text marketing is one of the easiest ways of communication. According to recent marketing research SMS marketing grew by 92% for B2Cs and 197% for B2Bs from 2015 to 2017. The fact more businesses have started using SMS marketing recently comes as no surprise. After all, 64% of the world’s population owns a smartphone, while only 48% have access to the internet. What’s more, SMS messages have a whopping 209% higher response rate than email.
Bulk SMS services are a great marketing tool which has allowed businesses to quickly reach thousands of their customers at once. Mteja offers a multi- channel cloud based solution (mteja.io) that allows businesses of any size to engage with their customers at scale. We enable over 100 businesses in 8 African markets to easily manage conversations over SMS and Calls channels. The platform allows businesses to schedule personalized messaging campaigns that build strong customer relationships leading to increased sales conversions.
Five Reasons Why Your Business Can Benefit From Mteja’s Bulk SMS For Its Marketing Needs.
- Personalized messaging: Mteja allows you to send customized marketing messages to your recipients. Addressing the customers by name enables businesses to build a positive relationship more quickly founded on trust and mutual respect.
- Scalability: The platform allows businesses to reach out to thousands of people at a click of a button.
- Inexpensive: Mteja offers a ready made cloud communication platform, which allows businesses to reach out to thousands of customers in a few easy steps. When compared to other forms of marketing like billboards, television ads, mobile ads, or magazines, SMS marketing is more budget-friendly.
- Accessible anywhere: The platform is accessible through any internet enabled device. This means that you can message your customers from anywhere and at anytime.
- Contact management: This promotes targeted messaging campaigns, as a business can segment its customers based on specific criteria such as; gender, age, that would allow them to send messages that are would resonate with each segment.
- Delivery responses: It is important for a business to know whether its contact database is up to date. Mteja offers delivery reports to enable businesses to monitor whether they are effectively reaching their customers.
Still on the fence about bulk SMS being a viable marketing tool, here are two facts you should know:
- High open rates: According to a Dynmark Report estimate that 90 percent of SMS are read within 3 seconds while more than 98% mobile phone users open and read their SMS within 4 minutes of its delivery!
- High conversion rate: Even with the high usage of instant messaging via apps, SMS still witnesses a better conversion rate.According to a research by Deloitte, 8% of the world’s population has visited the stores and made purchases after receiving promotional offers on messages.
If your business is looking for a qualified method of reaching out to leads and existing customers, that has a proven Return on investment - then SMS marketing is most certainly an avenue you will benefit from.
Talk to us at email@example.com to find out more on how your business can get you started.