What is a call flow?
It is also referred to as an Interactive Voice Response? (IVR). A call flow/ IVR is a sequence of actions to be executed when a call is received or made.
How do I set up a call flow/IVR on Mteja?
- Select the App,
2. Select the Flows button from the menu:
3. Click the CREATE NEW FLOW button
4. Select the flow type to create
5. Type in the call flow name, and description then click SAVE
6. Select the action button to select the first action
List of actions allowed
Actions and their use:
To play a recorded audio, e.g. welcome message
To capture numerical data, e.g. account number, age etc.
Allows caller to leave a voicemail that is accessible in the Voicemail page.
Forwards calls to a virtual queue, when an agent isn't immediately available.
Allows for the call to be transferred to a phone number or browser
Gives caller cues on what action they should take, e.g. press 1 for English, press 2 for French etc.
Sample Call Flow
Here are the steps in setting up a 2- step support help menu, to direct a caller to a department that they wish to contact.
- Click on the + ADD ACTION button to indicate what actions you want to take place
In the sample below, the action selected is Play
2. Click on the audio to play drop down in order to add the audio file to play.
i) Click on the Create New button:
ii) Audio files can be added in 3 ways; Upload - via uploading an existing recording in MP3 format, Record- users can record themselves on the platform via a microphone enabled headsets, Create from text - by converting text to speech.
iii) In this instance we shall use the record option, type in the record label (name).
iv) Select the RECORD button to create your audio. Click on Start button, to record then click Stop to end. Click on Upload to save the recording for use.
v) Once an action is saved, it appears in the flow
3. Select the Add Action button, then select Prompt as the next action, this allows you to input cues, on how the caller can get connected to a department. The audios below, instruct the caller on what digits to press to access help from a department. E.g. Press 1 for the Support department, Press 2 for the Sales department.
Additional prompt sub-menu action, you can also set include the following
i) Audio to play when an invalid digit is pressed,
ii) An audio to play when no action is taken / digit is pressed
iii) Time to wait before replaying the prompt audios, with the additional option of ending the call automatically.
Note: You may not need to select an audio for when no digit is pressed, as by default the system replays the menu.
4. Click the ADD PROMPTS button, to assign actions to the digits; i.e. what should happen after a caller keys in a digit.
Click on the ADD button,
Click on the DIGIT button to select a digit from the drop-down
Select the digit and indicate a label,
Click on ADD ACTION to select the action
Click on Actions, and select the action
In example below call queues is selected
Complete the flow actions by indicating the actions to be taken, when a caller selects digit 2. Image below, shows completed prompt menu
Click on Save to complete the setting up the call flow.
To learn how to set up the call flow to start fielding calls, see this guide article.
Feel free to reach us at email@example.com with queries regarding how to set up a Call Flow.